Which to buy......??

Discuss things about your electronic cutter Robo/Cricut/Silhouette and swap hints and tips. Links to files anything that is useful.
Kathy

Which to buy......??

Post by Kathy » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:08 pm

I have been left some money by my Grandma with the specific instructions to be frivolous with it!!

I am thinking an electronic die cutter would be a suitable use for that money however I am confused as to what to get and was hoping for some advice.

I am thinking either an ecraft by Craftwell or a Robo craft. I would prefer not to have to buy cartridges etc but wouldn't mind buying individual images.
Does a Robo come with lots of images or do you have to purchase them?
Do the carrying mats last well or do they need replacing often? I only make cards and so wouldn't be using it every day of the week.

Any advice is very welcome!
Thanks
Kathy

Kath

Re: Which to buy......??

Post by Kath » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:00 pm

I don't know where this post sprang from? However, you obviously bought the Robo and enjoy it. I am loving finding out about mine. What a fabulous bit of kit it is!
A question for you.......do you reset the numbers eg do you alter the speed at which you cut things depending on how detailed they are?

Carolyn
The Boss

Re: Which to buy......??

Post by Carolyn » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:10 pm

The robo comes with a few images, and there are loads of free images around, I have posted quite a few links on the forum. Also the Silhouette Studio has literally 1000s at 99c often some on offer at 50c and one free a week.

You can download the studio software without having a Robo - so you could do that and see if you like it. You can use it to do designs and there is a blog that often has tutorials.

I can't advise on the other ones out there as I do not have them.